Monday, February 7, 2011

Arguments

  So often these days we see people “of the church” arguing. They don’t agree with the others’ ideology or view on Faith. Now, keep in mind when I say “of the church” I mean members of the community of Faith, not any one church. I have to say that I have on more then one occasion preached the value of Audacity. As a matter of fact it is one of the key elements of the philosophies I have built my faith, my daily life, my professional life, and my ministry on – LEAP. However, Everytime I use it, I clarify it. Audacity is the blatant disregard of circumstance. You can take that one of two ways – you can take it as an ego thing, an arrogance thing, something that is ALL ABOUT YOU, or you can take it as an invitation to spread the word of love, The Word of YOUR SAVIOR(!) No matter what you are facing.

      So, of course, disagreements WILL happen. We are human, and Faith is a very personal thing, but under no circumstance is remotely OK, to use the Gospel as an excuse to spread hate or your own personal/political agenda. 2 Timothy 2:22 – 26 says 22Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. 23Don’t have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. 24And the Lord’s servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. 25Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, 26and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.” What are some key words in this? Faith? Love? Peace? Those are big ones don’t you think? How about the phrase “foolish and stupid arguments”? I would say that’s another tell-tale there.

Summary – The Gospel that I read, The Gospel of The Holy Bible, is a Gospel of Love that has no room for Hate-speak. Religion is a man made political agenda, that I don’t care for. What I want is a Relationship with my Savior. Faith is all about following the Lord. The Lord wants us to Love, not hate, so that’s what we are instructed to always do. Just follow the greatest commandment - 34Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”~ Matthew 22: 34 – 40.
37Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’b 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’c 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

No comments:

Post a Comment